About Fair Harbor
Fair Harbor, the thoughtfully designed clothing brand, provides ultra-comfortable, environmentally friendly beachwear made from recycled plastic bottles. Founded in 2014 by siblings Jake and Caroline Danehy, Fair Harbor was created with the simple goal of helping to reduce plastic waste in our oceans and waterways. Fair Harbor makes sustainability approachable by weaving accessible and environmentally conscious decisions into everyday life.
About The Role
Here at Fair Harbor we’re all about turning our customers into family. We’re looking for a digital-savvy Community Manager to help us build brand awareness and loyalty, and helping cultivate a strong sense of community. The Community Manager will be responsible for social media, marketing content to create a strong brand identity, organizing community events (like cleanups).
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep passion for social media, think creatively, stay abreast of new developments and opportunities in the industry, and be a strategic thinker. You must have an outgoing personality as in-person networking will also be part of the job.
Community Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop a content plan to create engaging content for all platforms
- Engage with online community and respond to comments & requests
- Work collaboratively with a variety of key players - including content creators, copywriters and influencer marketers - to manage social media platforms in an effective way that yields maximum growth and ROI.
- Curate a social media marketing calendar that keeps key product moments and marketing initiatives on the forefront while ensuring the content is engaging and relevant.
- Engage the current FH Social Media Audience while implementing new, fresh best practices to grow the community.
- Expand FH’s online community by working strategically with influencers
- Use data to identify opportunities to improve customer experience through social platforms and through events. To analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results. Tweak strategy as needed.
- Become an advocate for FH in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Keep up with trends in social media tools, applications, channels and strategy to determine which are relevant for FH.
- Spearhead innovation and forward-thinking around community growth and engagement.
- Coordinate/organize community events
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Proficient in Google Analytics
- Proficient with Photoshop
- Time management skills
- A passionate, creative digital marketer with 3+ years of experience specifically in the social media space.
- A well-rounded communicator, collaborator, and presenter who loves to share findings and actionable insights.
- A good eye for smart, creative, effective content. You appreciate and admire the art of high quality brand content.
- A team player who’s comfortable multitasking and shows strong analytical skills.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills, especially as it relates to brand story-telling.